THE FLATS – Georgia Tech Swimming and Diving will host Emory for their first collegiate matchup of the season on Saturday, October 1st. Teams will compete in 13 events beginning with the 200 medley relay at 11am
The jackets come from their intrasquad scrimmage where both the swimmers and divers got a taste of the upcoming season. Eight meeting records were broken by multiple returning and new jackets during the two-day event. Meeting records were broken Mert Kilavuz, Berke Saka, Batur Unlu, Daniel Kertesz, Zora Ripkova and newbie Deniz Ertan.
In addition to the athletes who broke competition records, the lineups for Emory will include several returning team members and newcomers whose performances excelled in white vs. gold scrimmage.
- 200 medley relay (three men’s teams, three women’s teams)
- 1000 Free (M: Kilavuz, Killius, M. Steele; W: Tacylidiz, Seifer, Brown)
- 200 free (M: Unlu, Kertesz, Gerhard, Richardson, Frohde; W: Switzer, Pape, Sakellaris, Ar. Dirzwage, Burke)
- 50 Free (M: Coady, Odorici, Gapinski, El Ghaziri, B. Steele; W: El Barodi, Mryzyglod, Davis, Porterfield, Smith)
- 400 IM (M: Santos, Bognar, M. Steele, Davies, Mezzagori; W: Campbell, Chunn, Cohen, Deedy, Ertan)
- 200 Fly (M: Gapinski, Romero, Shaheen, Foerhner, Jones; W: Campbell, Tacylidiz, Merk, Cohen, Ripkova)
- 100 Free (M: Cohen, Coady, Gerhard, B. Steele, El Ghaziri; W: Switzer, Mryzyglod, Porterfield, Smith, Pape)
- 200 back (M: Saka, Richardson, Davies, Martin, Mezzagori; W: Ar. Dirkzwager, As. Dirkzwager, Burke, Livingston, Kuromoto)
- 500 Free (M: Kilavuz, Santos, Perk, Unlu, Blischke; W: Ertan, Seifer, Brown, Tacylidiz, Sakellaris)
- 200 Chest (M: Alderson, M. Steele, Killius, Bognar, Caballero; W: Butterfield, Deedy, Sabin, Chunn)
- 400 Free Staffel (three men’s teams, three women’s teams)
Alexander Tharpe Fund
The Alexander Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech Athletics and provides scholarship, operations and facilities for Georgia Tech’s more than 400 student-athletes. Join the development of Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and help the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of collegiate athletics by supporting the Annual Sports Scholarship Fund, which directly awards scholarships to Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
Follow us on Instagram for the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (@GTSwimDive)Twitter (@GTSwimDive)Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.