Google Stadia added several new games this week for the first time in a while, as the platform also added a new “retro” section and included new hardware.
New games on Stadia
Stadia has been in a drought for new games for the past few weeks, but this week saw the addition of several new games.
The largest expansion game from a new Retro Games section of the Stadia Store that offers players a quick and easy place to purchase remakes of older games. For now, the section only includes Atari’s “Recharged” series, which added four new titles this week. Presumably this section could be expanded over time – it seems like a no-brainer to add the Doom 64 port to this section.
All five new games added to Stadia this week include:
Google added 53 new games to Stadia in 2022. In 2021, Google shipped 107 new titles to the Stadia library, and the company promised at least 100 new games in 2022, which at this current rate is impossible unless there is dozens of publications in the coming weeks.
Games are coming to Stadia
As part of the Stadia Pro series in October, five brand new games are coming to Stadia, including:
- arcade paradise
- Draggable 2
- Slaycation Paradise
- Tangle tower
- In search of aliens
From the universe picked up a new November 3 release date this week after being pushed back earlier this month. The game will continue to hit Stadia day in, day out.
Finally, Taxi chaos It’s rumored to be going to Stadia, as Stadiahoy Expectations. Take this with a large grain of salt as we are not aware of any track record.
Chromecast with Google TV (HD) is officially Stadia compatible
The Chromecast with Google TV (HD) went official this week for $29.99 with 1080p output, HDR and official Google Stadia support. The affordable streamer will be the latest addition to the list of officially supported devices for Stadia, the company has confirmed 9to5Google in a statement this week.
Both Chromecast with Google TV (HD) and Chromecast with Google TV (4K) are officially supported Stadia devices.
Stadia 1440p is now on TVs too
After launching online last week, Stadia rolled out support for 1440p streaming on TVs, including Android TV and Chromecast Ultra. This option is still exclusive to Pro subscribers.
Five Nights at Freddy’s fixes performance bugs
In a recent update, Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach fixed a bug in Stadia that prevented players from earning an achievement if they fully completed the game.
The State of Stadia games: These titles are broken
After we’ve shed light on several titles not working properly on Stadia, it’s become even clearer that many titles on the platform are currently broken, missing content, or at least not in ideal condition.
Stadia Changelog contains an ongoing list of games that are currently not working properly on Stadia. If you’re a regular Stadia player, leave a comment below or contact us to let us know of any issues! We will do our best to capture major issues here.
Problems with new Stadia games, missing content
Other issues with Stadia games
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Cross-progression is missing only on Stadia
- Danger of rain 2 – Broken multiplayer and performance issues
- World War Z – Missing crossplaypromised “soon“ in June 2022
- Outward – Low quality rendering, no Definitive Edition coming soon
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Outdated version breaks server support
- mankind – Missing updates for several months
- Fast and Furious: Spy Racer – Missing Arctic Challenge expansion.
- Avicii invector – Missing levels on Stadia
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition – The game cannot be completed on Stadia
- Legend of the Keepers – Missing extensions
- Blue fire – Missing extensions
- title by Outright Games – Missing extensions only on Stadia
Aside from these problems, there are also a lot of games with achievement flaws. As a Stadia player has teamed up, these are some of the upcoming issues.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands – several achievements bugged
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – 150 card achievement bugged
- WWZ – Complete 100 bugged PvE games
- Blue Fire – 2 achievements still bugged
- Golf with your friends – several achievements bugged
- Jotun Valhalla Edition – Buggy and unfinished
- Hotline Miami 2 – no achievements unlock or work
- Metro Exodus – 1 DLC achievement broken
- Dirt 5 – double achievements and 1 will not unlock
- Monster Energy Supercross 3 bugged several achievements
- Saints Row 4 DLC achievements bugged
- PGA Tour – Unlock all achievements
- Phogs – Co-op achievement bugged
- Motogp20 – Bugged Online Achievements
- Young Souls – Hardest difficulty bugged
- Gylt – for some, no combat success is bugged
- Steamworld Quest – Champion achievement bugged for some
- Moonlighter – 1 last achievement bugged
- Division 2 – Bugged photo mode achievement. Can be unlocked by playing on native PC with cross progression
Two other players added that the “Take the Pod” achievement in Outriders as well as the last achievement in Ys IX: Monstrum Nox are broken.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Visit 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: