Georgia Tech Football at UCF
Saturday, September 24 4 p.m. ET Orlando, Fla. FBC Mortgage Stadium
LB Ayinde Eley (2-up) is the first NCAA Division I FBS player since at least 2000 with at least 30 tackles, five tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in the first three games of the season.
• Georgia Tech Football is looking to get back to .500 in the season when it visits UCF for the first time on Saturday.
• Georgia Tech is 2-1 this season after a 42-0 loss to the current number one. 13-placed Ole Miss last Saturday. The Yellow Jackets’ two losses this season and each of their last four losses overall have come at the hands of national teams (#4 Clemson and #20/17 Ole Miss this season and #6 Notre Dame and #1 Georgia last Season).
• Saturday’s game at UCF continues a grueling opener for Georgia Tech as the season’s top five FBS opponents (Clemson, Ole Miss, UCF, No. 24 Pitt and Duke) are tied 13-2.
• Georgia Tech is one of only five NCAA Division I FBS teams to have faced two top-20 opponents this season (alongside Akron, Florida, Oregon and South Carolina).
• Georgia Tech r-Sr. LB Ayinde Eley has amassed 32 tackles, five tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries this season. He is the first FBS player since at least 2000 with at least 30 tackles, five TFL, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in his team’s first three games of the season.
• Tech’s other starting LB, Sr. Charlie Thomas, has also posted historic numbers with 28 tackles, 3.5 tackles from losses, a sack and an interception in the young season. He is one of only two FBS players to register those numbers in three games this season, and one of only 26 FBS players and three ACC players to do so in the first three games in a season since 2000.
Alexander Tharpe Fund
The Alexander Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech Athletics and provides scholarships, surgeries and facilities for Georgia Tech’s more than 400 student-athletes. Join the development of Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and help the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of collegiate athletics by supporting the Annual Sports Scholarship Fund, which directly awards scholarships to Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
Follow us for the latest on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Twitter (@GTAthletics), Facebook, Instagram or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.