Need to circle something on your iPhone screenshot? Tech expert reveals little-known hack to give proper comment: ‘This changed my life’
- A tech expert has revealed a little-known handy iPhone screenshot hack
- Ramal from Brisbane explained how to draw perfect shapes on iPhone pictures
- While editing a screenshot or photo, draw a shape and hold your finger
- The device automatically turns the doodle into a perfectly clean shape
- Ramal shared the tip in a TikTok video that has racked up eight million views
An Australian tech expert has shared a little-known iPhone hack for annotating screenshots and photos.
In a viral TikTok video, Brisbane’s Ramal explains how you can add perfectly clean shapes and symbols to images just by holding your finger for an extra second.
‘Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?’ said the 21-year-old in the clip, which has garnered more than eight million views.
Scroll down for videos
Brisbane tech enthusiast Ramal has wowed millions online after sharing a little-known iPhone hack that helps users draw perfect shapes on screenshots and images
“You know when you take a screenshot on your iPhone and try to highlight something on it but everything you highlight looks like a complete Doggy Doo Doo because you have the dexterity of a cucumber?” he asked.
“Well, apparently that’s entirely avoidable.”
The tech enthusiast said iPhone users can add shapes to photos by tracing a rough outline and holding their finger for a moment before waiting for the device to “auto-clean.”
“You can even do the same with lines and arrows. Hold it tight and just like that, so much cleaner,” Ramal said.
You can find the feature in the editing tools when taking a screenshot, as well as the tag option in existing photos.
According to Ramal, iPhone users can add shapes to photos by tracing a rough outline, but hold their finger for a moment before they’re done and “auto-clean” the device.
How to Draw Perfect Shapes on iPhone Screenshots
- Take a screenshot of your desired page on iPhone. To do this, press the Power and Volume Up buttons.
- Then tap on the screenshot floating thumbnail.
- You can doodle on the screenshot with your desired pen effect and color by default.
- Now draw a rough circle and one that you finish drawing, keep tapping and holding on the completion point.
- You will see how the rough circle turns into a perfect one.
- Likewise, you can draw arrows, rectangles, smileys and more and your iPhone will convert them into perfect shapes.
- Remember to draw the shape and when you’re finished hold it down to automatically transform into its perfect version.
Thousands of Ramal’s 364,700 followers were smitten by the simple, “life-changing” trick.
“Omg… I’ve had an iPhone for 8 years and I’m still learning new tricks and hacks every day,” wrote one fan.
‘Just tried it, it works omg!’ another said and a third replied: “That just changed my life”.
“It also makes all shapes…including hearts and stars…didn’t know that,” added a fourth.
“It doesn’t work if you take your finger off the drawing before pressing it down. Had to try again to get it right. Good tip,” explained another.